Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ninja Party Fun!!






















What could be better than asking lots of boys around to celebrate turning Ten and Eight and play ninja games, eat pizza and cake and some art aswell. I was tentative about planning this party since I have no idea about ninja's - can you believe? But my boys were unrelenting in their request and I have a secret love of planning these things so....in the midst of selling our house we embarked on this afternoon of fun and I have to say it was a huge success! You know it is when your sons come to you the next day exclaiming how awesome it was over and over!! Glad I pushed through the quiet desire I had to cancel in the midst of high stress levels negotiating our house.

Some of the things we did were:
I made headbands for every boy to wear as they arrived.
I sourced dense foam from reverse garbage to make swords to be decorated and used in games and of course sparring.
We played the magical orb game where the boys stand in a circle and balloons are thrown in the middle and using their swords the balloons can't touch the ground.
The biggest hit game though was the plank game. A plank of wood balanced on bricks on either end and a good ole pillow fight in the middle. Lots of boy energy used up. Thanks for this Cher!
The pinata was a homemade chinese lantern and each boy had a chinese take away box for their goodies.
The art class was run by my dear friend Melissa who runs weave +wonder . She does art classes at a local coffee shop and birthday parties. Take a look at beautiful work on her blog. She did hero and villian portraits with the boys and though a few were tentative, they had a go and loved their creations.
My cake this year was super easy, I have learned that you do not have to go to amazing lengths when cake and icing is appreciated anyway it comes! However I did find these cool ninja figures from a cheap shop and the boys loved it. Oh and the ninja shaped cookie cutters were a great find!

No comments: