Friday, August 20, 2010

Home making...

The makings of my sewing machine cover.

I love the texture from my new fabric all the way from Cambodia.

The finished product, I had so much fun creating.

Can you have too many throw rugs this time of year. I wanted to dress up an old fleece with felt and buttons.
My finished knitted and crocheted rug two years in the making.

My stitched birdcage cushion.

These are a few projects I have loved making, some quick and some ongoing. There is something so lovely about creating something new with your hands, something you cannot buy anywhere, something that makes you smile.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I love it all Kerrie...so creative...particularly love the birdcage stitching!!

milkandhoney said...

Wow, someone's been having fun making things. They look great.

Anonymous said...

Wow darling you have done yourself proud, a great job with the sewing machine cover & I love your birdcage. It certainly is very rewarding creating something that maybe no one else has. I'm very proud of you daughter. Love Mum

Southern Ange said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - YOU ARE SO CLEVER!!! :) xo

Skye said...

Wow Kerrie.. they are all beautiful!! The cover looks great and your woolen blankie all finished- you should be very proud you've done a beautiful job. XX

Anonymous said...

Oh dear God Kez these are all spectacular! You have so much skill here, and creativity, working with your hands. Wowsers. Well done, dear one. I loved seeing your rug all finished - I feel like I have been part of seeing that grow :) Gorgeous.