Friday, December 10, 2010

Food and good friends and turning forty...







Six of our lovely friends joined us for a feast! A dinner to celebrate my forty years! Joseph, chef for the night prepared our amazing seafood spread.  Ros and Michael, Tami and Adam and Robbie and Paul. Gorgeous long time friends to share an all too quick evening.
Wonderful Ma and Pop cared for the boys for a sleepover and my blissful childfree ( I love them to bits of course) evening began with an afternoon to decorate the table, prepare the salads and sing and dance (by myself of course) aswell as reflect on turning forty... words that come to mind are gratitude, surrender, generosity, new opportunities and 'Your will, not mine be done'.

If I have learned anything in these forty years it is these things -  I need Him to live purposefully, I love giving and serving and it is what we were made to do, His amazing Grace covers my many daily failings and His Will is infinitely better than mine could ever be... I have learned this very thing from laying down my desire for another child, of this I am broken... but grateful, it is enough that He calls me daughter and that His plans and promises will be fulfilled in his perfect way. Thank you Father for every day you have given me and for Jesus! Thank you too my precious family and friends given to me to journey through life, with all it's ups and downs, it is a joy to travel with you. My heart is full of thanksgiving because of you xx (p.s bring on celebration no 2).

3 comments:

Melissa Guyatt said...

Hello beautiful K!
Tonight as the heavy rain falls, I took a moment to peek into the lives I treasure so much - what a privilage to share your days - i love you so! xxx M

Anonymous said...

Your birthday night looked lovely & your table was beautiful, well done dear daughter - a lovely way to celebrate your 40th!!!

Southern Ange said...

Gorgeous - Both you and your creative ability! HAPPY, HAPPY 40th my friend. Your birthday celebrations were a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person and 40 years well worth celebrating! xo