Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My boy knows...





We knew the time was drawing closer... the time when Sebastian would want to know why things can be difficult for him, why he can get so frustrated and confused by the world around him...
I had been praying for the right time.

I had some books for when the time was right and it was...at 9pm one night when he had been struggling all day, seemingly not being able to make sense out of anything that was happening - he had been angry and confused and so had I.

Bedtime tuck ins are precious aren't they, so many things come out and I love these times.
We were having one of our talks when I asked him if he realised he was different in some ways which makes it harder for him to cope some days, and that I had a book to help explain this and perhaps tomorrow we could go through it.

He didn't want to wait.

We read it through with tears streaming down both our faces. He asked why I hadn't told him before which broke my heart and if I could read this book to his brother so that he would understand him...

I am amazed at Sebastian's maturity to accept this and our loving Father who orchestrated this very precious moment and others we have had since this day as we continue to talk about overcoming the difficulties and embracing the gifts that Aspergers Syndrome brings to our lives.

6 comments:

Southern Ange said...

I had tears in my eyes yesterday when you told me this account, and I had tears again today when I read your post. Sometimes the most beautiful moments come out of the hardest times....It reminded me that our toughest disappointments are often God's biggest opportunities...if we let Him! What a special kid Seb is! Go well you guys and thanks for sharing! xo

Linda said...

tears for me too Kerrie. A very special boy indeed and an amazing mum and dad!!!

milkandhoney said...

Okay, you made me cry too... and yes, a very special family you all are.
p.s i love bedtime with the kids too. lots of snuggles, talk and kisses.

Moira said...

You are doing so well Kerrie - and because of this Sebastian will fulfil the promise he shows now of being a strong, beautiful man of God. I know too well the struggles and heartache Aspergers can bring but dont lose heart - it can bring beauty and special times too - continuing to pray for you all xx

Anonymous said...

A very heartfelt moment Kerrie, but beside the tears for Sebastian there are tears of joy that this special little man has a mother as beautiful as you to guide him through the tough times and I know that he will have every oppertunity to grow through Gods love And his family's love into a wonderful young man. Love you Ker.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie your strength and love inspire me. Sebastian is such a beautiful boy. He has the most important thing in life, a Mother and father with infused with the light of God. there is no greater gift you can give your children.

love pop xxxxxx